CairnTalk

Allergy!

Guest Felix' mama

Guest Felix' mama

When we moved from the farm to the wooded lot we are on now Felix (3 yrs. old) developed a horrible mystery allergy. He lost almost all his hair and got a secondary staph infection despite the best efforts of the us and the vet. He has always been on Frontline and has never had a flea problem. The only thing that snapped him out of it was a coritsone shot and strong antibiotics. Last night I was curled up on the couch with him and noticed a very small bald patch beginning on his side- the place that went first --the first time. He is on a sensitive skin diet, Frontline, and everything else traditionally done for allergies is being done. I just can't help but wonder if it maybe caused by the long pine needles our tree has shed. His feet are fine- no swelling or reaction, but he loves to roll in the needles. Felix is my baby and it would be worth it to me to chop down thirty pine trees to make him better!!! He just got his coat back!!!

Has anyone heard of such an allergy?

Archived