CairnTalk

Error messages

Toby23

When I click on "my assistant" and then click on "my last ten posts" I keep getting error messages. Actually, I get error messages frequently !!

"Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again."

I've emptied cookies, but I'm getting totally frustrated ! HELP !

Hmm, anyone else have that specific error clicking on 'my last ten posts'? Search is very resouce instensive and I do indeed have flood control on (it prevents search bots from pounding the server by requesting multiple searches one right after the other). If you wait the twenty seconds and try again, does it work then?

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

It's getting so frustrating to use the board I would be on the verge of giving up, but I had enjoyed it so much before I want to keep trying. I log off, log on, clear cookes, log on in a different area.........I get a redish pink error message. Wait and still get the message. It is impossible for me to find my prior posts, to find replys to them etc.

That error (flood control) will not be fixed by cookies.

I reduced the flood control setting to five seconds.

If you visit regularly, you can try the "view new posts" links instead for a while, to see if that works better for you than 'my assistant'.

If you want to track replies to your topics (or any specific topic) you can also subscribe to a topic - at the very top of the topic, there is a drop-down box called 'Options' - choose 'track this topic' from that.

There are several *different* errors that will generate a 'pink screen' - the details are in the description box. A very common error is the server being too busy to handle requests. This is just a consequence of being a popular board on a shared server where there are many websites, not just ours. That message can take a few minutes to a few hours to clear. It affects *everyone* not just you though.

Hope this helps a bit. Sorry you are experiencing difficulty.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks Brad, everything seems to be in working order now, must have been in my "browser" to misbehave so much !

Archived