CairnTalk

Won't Remember Me

Janet

Ever since the board has been improved I have found I have to log in everytime I visit the forum. I have the remember me box ticked but it doesn't work. Has any other members found this or is it just me? Had no problems before.

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

A few have reported this. I've been researching the question on the support forum for this software and elsewhere it is the same: a few people have trouble staying logged in. To date I haven't seen confirmation that the reason is understood and a guaranteed fix established. This software is usually pretty good about fixing bugs, so I expect an update in time will correct this.

In the meantime, some things that people have tried that worked for some (but as I said, not for others) include: deleting cookies before logging in (there is a link on the front page, "delete all cookies set by this board"). Switching from Internet Explorere to Firefox. That's about all you can do on your end. In the meantime, I continue to research.

As mentioned elsewhere on this topic, if you don't log in for a while, you will have to relogin. This is for security. But, you should definitely NOT have to log in every time! I log in from two different browsers at work, and four different browsers on two different PCs at home (Mac and Windows). I would go insane if I had to re-login each time on all those combinations...

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I'm trying a few things. Those who are having to log in each visit, please post if/when that changes so that I know something I've done may have helped. Always delete cookies and empty browser cache before deciding if any change has occurred.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks Brad I deleted the cookies and everything seems to be fine now :)

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Archived