CairnTalk

Help

fiddler927

:surrender:

I need help loading a photo of my Ellie. The digital photos I have are too large (2 mb). How do I reduce their size so that they can be posted? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks.

Laurie

Assuming you are Windows, you can use most any image editing application to resize your photo to a smaller size (say 600 px width). If you save as a .jpg extension, most programs also let you choose how much compression to apply to the photo, to make the file size even smaller. Ifranview is an excellent free program of this type.

Another wonderful application is Google's fabulous Picasa. It has an export to web/email feature that is perfect for this. It's a terrific program, and free. It's about the only Windows thing I miss having moved to a Mac at home.

For an online service, you can use something like snipshot - choose the upload from your desktop option, pick a smaller size, and then save the picture once it's at a size (both visual size and file size) that you like.

Your camera probably came with image editing software, also. See if any of your image editing applications have a "Export to Web" menu item - that is designed exactly for this purpose.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I really like irfanview also, it is really easy to use

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

I use www.photobucket.com You can choose your size according to where you will be posting. It's nice.

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

I use photobucket also but I reduce the size before I upload the pictures I use photoshop...but I have a mac any photo editing program with do that... you might be able to find some if you dont have any on cnet.com which will transfer you to downloads.com

I hope that helps

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

:crybaby::crybaby:

Okay, I went to photobucket, I uploaded a picture of Ellie, I resized it and emailed it to myself. It still won't load onto this site. If emailing it to myself was not a good idea, how do I get it from photobucket to the Cairn talk forum?

I realize that I'm not all that computer literate, but I'm not a dunce either. What do I have to do?

Laurie

Archived