CairnTalk

The new season is here!

Greg P

The new 2007 showing season is here! It's like the anticipation for a new baseball season. I can't wait to see the new puppies making their show debut and how the teenagers are maturing into adults. First show for us is next weekend in Puyallup (23 cairns), then on to the big one in Portland!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Hi all,

When is the Portland Show? I am planning a visit to the Portland/Vancouver area in Febuary. It would be Fab if it coincided with my trip.

The Portland show is January 18-22. If you're driving from San Diego, perhaps you can catch the No. Ca. specialty on Feb 16, and the CTCA roving specialty on Feb 17. It's being held in the Santa Clara county fairgrounds.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Widget wil be attending the Rose city as an open dog for the first time. I guess no more free ribbons by competing in classes with no other dogs. He is going to have to earn his trophies now.

Greg P,

Do you know which day and what times they will be showing cairns? I have Sunday off and it sounds like something fun to go look at! The fairgrounds is only about 15 minutes from my house.

Thanks,

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Bubba,

Puyallup show times are:

Friday - They'll be in the ring around 1:30 pm

Saturday - 12:45

Sunday - 9:00 am

They'll be 11 boys, 8 girls, 3 champion boys and 1 champion girl competing.

If you go to our website listed below, you'll find our pics. If you come to the show, and recognize us, please come by and say hi.

Brad L.,

Wish you were coming. But becuase you're not showing your cute girl, at least our Hattie might have a chance! :pray:

Greg and Val Perry

If you go to our website listed below, you'll find our pics. If you come to the show, and recognize us, please come by and say hi.

Speaking of the recognition thing ... while dashing and handsome people like Greg are easy to spot, some of us are frumpier and blend in with the carpet. Just yesterday I had an inspiration (or it might have been gas) and ordered a bag-o-buttons that say "CairnTalk.net" (if you go to cairntalk.net you automatically end up here). They are small, discreet, one-inch buttons, plain and easy to recognize, similar to the sample below. If all goes well I should have them in time for Rose City next week. My thought was that as time goes by Cairn Talk folk might want a way to find each other at various events, or, if nothing else, it could be a conversation starter.

Once I get the buttons and verify that it's ok to mail a button in an ordinary envelope, I'll post a topic inviting folks to send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll lob a button your way.

cairntalk.gif

p.s. Go Hattie

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

while dashing and handsome people like Greg are easy to spot

Didn't you really mean "short and bald?"..... B)

Not a bad idea, Brad. We all have our interest in cairns in common. I think the buttons will be a great icebreaker.

Greg

Greg and Val Perry

Hope to see some of you guys at The Rose City Classic.........won't have any Cairns with me Bernese Mountain dogs this time but I hope to watch.

Brad, you're right about aching feet! 3 long days at the fairgrounds......

We had an exciting group of cairns showing. Lots of fine looking future stars. 2nd day's judge, long associated with cairns took time to compliment the entire breed class. All the best to the cairns making the trip to the Portland Classic.

Greg and Val Perry

Archived