CairnTalk

Too Much Barking.

wags

It's embarrassing. We're out in the street and he has an opinion about everyone we pass. If he doesn't like them, he barks at them long and loud

He never barks at apparent mental cases or winos and begs them to pet him. That's embarrassing when he goes out of his way to seek them out.

We have a spray bottle for just that problem. All I have to do now is pick up the bottle and he stops barking. He only barks at things that move in the wind in our back yard.....like swings (haha) but barking in the backyard is ok.

The first day of his training classes we were both soaked. And of course the "leave it" command we learned works well with other animals especially if he knows I have a treat in my pocket if he listens.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Thanks Hallswell, I didn't think of the spray bottle. The only trouble is Wes barks outside the house. And when he does he's hysterical and won't listen to reason. Last night was the worst. He was on the porch in the darkness and I couldn't see what he saw. Finally, I just turned off the porchlight and he ran inside, still barking. That was the roughest 10 minutes we ever had.

Archived