CairnTalk

Obedience at Eukanuba

PeppersMom

I think Animal Planet needs to air at least some of the obedience trial and agility trial at the Eukanuba..show dogs are great but its nice to see dogs that DO something too. BTW you could tell which dogs in the conformation show were obedience trained..they looked at their handlers all the way down and back.

• 3 weeks later...

The Eukanuba Invitational agility will be shown on Animal Planet on Feb 12. I think that's the correct date. I haven't heard how long the show will be, might be only an hour. They won't be showing each run, but hopefully they'll have a good mix of breeds. A local friend of mine who runs a Clumber Spaniel, the only one invited for agility, was interveiwed by Animal Planet so we're hoping that she'll make the final program and not end up on the cutting room floor.

I don't know if they're including the obed in the same broadcast or not.

Karen

• 1 month later...

I agree, as much as I love dog shows I can see how they are dull for people who don't really get what is going on. I think if obedience got more attentions it would impress a lot more non- show people. It is impressive to watch. As a competetor I would like to watch really great dogs compete on TV better than football.....sorry pigskin fans........ :shy:

Archived