CairnTalk

Rally

PeppersMom

Just when I thought this rally thing would be a snap....we were entered in a rally trial in Excellent B trying for our 2nd leg last month. There has to be 2 jumps in an excellent course and we had a high and a bar jump. The bar was after a 270 degree turn..I came out of it dizzy and Pepper refused to take the bar...ran around it. Oh well you get 2 more tries in rally, no problem, right? I tried to use "air bait" to lure him over it but the little stinker is so fast, he would run around it before I could get my hand down with the pretend food! To top it off I got lost on the course, we were both rattled at this point and to top it off I picked him up as I left the ring! Oh well! Better luck next time!

Oh no...sounds like it just was not your day! Oh well, chalk it up to expirience. I was stewarding rally this summer and a fellow took his BorderTterrier through the course with flying colors....until he cleared the last station and scooped the dog up just before he left the ring. Despite this he still placed....but I think he could have won his class.

Next time you guys will shine!

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Every dog has their day.....and cairns seem to pick theirs!

It's wonderful that you and your cairn are working together. Keep trying!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

• 6 months later...

Boy am I glad to find this forum. I'm on the waiting list for a Cairn puppy from a local man. I want a dog to do rally, obedience and agility and possiblity some therapy work with. I have researched and reseached dogs until I don't want to research anything anymore. I have decided a Cairn is the dog for me. But secretly I had my fingers crossed that I have not made a mistake about a terrier. The man with the future puppies said I could have the pick of the litter and he would help me pick which one would have the best temperment for what I want to do. Reading all of the posts in this forum make me feel confident that I made the right decision. Thanks for all of your posts.

Archived