CairnTalk

Obedience brag

PeppersMom

We just got back from the Su Mac Cairn terrier specialty (Twin Cities, MN) where we finally got our first CD leg! Way to go Pepper..192 1/2 for first place in Novice A...! Whew! I had him groomed up nice so he even looked pretty next to all those show dogs!

Congrats to both Pepper and Mom. I know how proud you must be!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Wow! Great Score! :thumbsup:

My downfall has always been during sits/downs :confused: I am so happy for you!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

:) Thanks everyone! We work so hard to train these guys and its nice to finally reap the rewards. Our bugaboo is off leash heel. But true to Cairn form, on the recall at this trial, Pepper stopped halfway around the finish to stare at some other dogs. With these guys, you just never know!

• 1 month later...
:D Well Pepper finally got his CD this weekend. On Friday much to my suprise we tied for first and had a run off against a toy poodle. We had to do the off leash heel again. Pepper looked at my like "this again?" and lagged miserably. But hey its a 2nd place and a 191. On Saturday our heeling was even worse, but we had a VERY lenient judge and we got a 187 1/2. We also got our 2nd leg for our Rally Advanced title. We NQ'd on Friday when Pepper would not take the jump. Today for our "insurance" leg he laid down on the sit/stays. I guess he had enough! Anyway its been quite a ride! I hope he doesn't give me more grey hairs when he is shown in open!

Thanks everyone! On to earthdog this fall and Open work. To quote Pepper, "you want me to pick up that thing and actually bring it back to you?"

Archived