CairnTalk

Raw Diet

CRSTFR

I am considering going to a raw meat diet for my group. If anyone has gone from processed dry kibble to raw, I would like to hear what changes you have witnessed in over all health. I currently don't have any health issues. My dogs are all free feeders and I have no weight issues. My reason for considering the switch is in 6 months I will be breeding Carmen so I will want her diet to be appropriate. Thanks

Hi:

I've been wodering about doing the raw diet, too. My youngest cairn (8 years) has

quite bad seasonal allergies and it was suggested to me that this might help. I've been reading Pitcairn's book on raw diets and I'd also like to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Raw had a positive impact on our oldest girl's allergies. She has essentially stopped what we call 'paw maintenance' (paw licking). We've weaned two litters onto raw and all have done well. We grind or feed pre-ground. Staples are chicken, duck, turkey, and rabbit. Vegetables with offal every fourth meal. Green tripe occasionally. Please do your homework and study up (more than just forum comments) before making significant changes to your dogs diet.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived