CairnTalk

Help!!mouse crazy!!

Help!!! My 1 year old Roxie is going crazy. We had a mouse in our house a few months ago. I got rid of the mouse but Roxie still goes to the area where it was and scratches at the wall and cries. I have to gate it off or she would stay there all day. I tried scrubbing the area with all kinds of cleaners but she still insists on standing there. Is there something I can do to kill a scent, if there is one. Please help!

Congratulations, you own a terrier! If she's scratching and making noise at the area, my bet is you have another mouse. Not surprised you need a gate -- your girl Roxie sounds motivated. Get her to an earthdog test :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I'll have to check out and see if there is indeed another mouse. I don't think so but who knows. She got one at my mother-in-laws yesterday. so proud of herself! :D

Guest Guest posting as:LORI

MICE VERY SELDOM TRAVEL ALONE. THERE ARE USUALLY TWO. BUT CONGRATS! THAT'S WHAT THESE EARTH DOGS DO. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF HER SHE IS DOING HER JOB. JUST THINK NO MORE MICE, RATS, SQUIRLS, OR BUNNIES.

• 2 weeks later...

We live way out in the sticks and as a rule when the weather turns cooler we usually get a mouse or 2 but so far this year (we got Abe in July) no Mice . I think just his being there has done the trick or maybe the mice have heard of the terrier reputation. ;) anyway that is one more thing that this little fellow has going for him in my wife's eye anyway.

Guest CarCarDawn

Hi! My Riley has an affinity for squirrels - - you know that saying - - "act like a nut" - - good thing he is leashed when out or there could be a terrier in a tree!!!

Heh. Our girl Barley must be a "city cairn" vs "country cairn". She constantly tracks the squirrels in the trees around our suburban home. We had her out in the country at an earthdog test and my wife was walking her when they bolted a rabbit, who hopped into the bushes to get away. Barley then started anxiously scanning the treetops looking for the rabbit to reappear.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived