CairnTalk

Guest Posting Disabled

bradl

Registration (and logging in) is now required before you can post.

A sad day. I've put this off as long as I could - I wanted guests to be able to post. Genuinely valuable posts have come from unregistered guests; making it very easy to post a question without registering has helped a few Cairn owners over the years and led to many welcome new members.

But the spamming is getting out of hand, the list of banned IP addresses is growing to ridiculous lengths, and the amount of time consumed is taking away from more positive work. In short, the cost of guest posting is currently exceeding the benefit.

This won't stop all the spam but it will reduce it slightly.

Note: If you have forgotten your password and are having trouble logging in, please attempt to use the lost password form before requesting support. There is a link on the login page. You will enter your username and the system will send a validation link to the email address on file for that username. If you don't get the validation message, and your email address is still valid, look in your Junk folder - automated system email is often filtered out as - ironically - spam.

Please use the Forum Support sub-forum for discussion of this policy.

I regret the inconvenience to CTF members and friends.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived