Breed: Cairn Terrier

Sex: Bitch

AKC: RM 36881901

Date of Birth: March 18, 2002

Breeder: Sally Latto

Sire: Pine Top Forrest Fir

Dam: Pinetop Storm Petvel

Owner: Pauli Christy & Carol Onstad

Congrats to all who participated - what a thrill it must be.

I'll link directly to the video of judging as soon as WKC post it.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad, thanks for posting the link. I am waiting for the video.

Ch. CastleRock Hit Man is Emma's father. We are very proud of his accomplishment today. Our best wishes to all who participated and braved the snow storm to be in the show! What is it with dog shows and weather this year?

Montgomery was a monsoon and Westminster a blizzard!

Cynthia

Well the Cairn breed judging video is still not posted. I have to say that as these things go, the TV coverage was above average in terms of showing the Cairn and not mangling the announcer's script. Plus, the Cairn made the cut! Well done to Joe and Kylie.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

Lets see if I have learned anything...

So what is shown is the last part of the breed judging where the best dog and best bitch are brought in with the past champions to choose best of breed?

Aww, Westminster throws a ringer into the whole deal. It's not a regular dog show, and only champions are allowed to enter. The video shows (more or less) the entire class.

As I understand it, entries are very limited at Westminster - a certain few dogs are invited due to their standings, and the rest get in by entering in the few minutes between the time entries open and entries close. I believe they simply limit the total number of dogs in the show and close the entries once that total number (2,500) is reached - so there's no way to tell in advance how many of any particular breed will manage to get in while the entries are open. (Entry information.)

Since all are already champions, there are no points to be awarded. At the end of the video you saw the judge point to the Best of Breed (who then went on to represent Cairns in the Terrier Group) and then point to Best Opposite. The other two dogs still left in the ring received Awards of Merit. AOM's are only awarded at certain specialty shows - they are sort of like 'honorable mention' - but I think more special than that. They really say, "Take note of these exceptional dogs, who while they did not win today, are worthy of special recognition."

Thanks for posting this Brad. The show will be televised on one of our cable networks next week We didn't get the opportunity see it on Monday!

perky100.jpg

Just finished watching the show on tv...wonderful best in show group. Felt bad for the Pug.

I'm currently figuring out how to go to this show...:) there has to be away

Sophie

Image032.jpg

I loved the show and of course I wanted to see the pug win but the next best thing was to see a terrier win.

I love the videos. I watched the Cairns over and over I did notice the winner walked around the ring on a loose lead....how cool.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived