CairnTalk

11 week puppy w/ phenomena

Three weeks ago I bought a Cairn Terrier puppy from The National Kennel Association in Niddletown NJ. She was 7 weeks when I got her. She came from a breeder named Ledbetter is MO. A week after getting her, she was diagnosed with coccidia worms and kennel cough. And two days after the cough antibiotics ended, she developed phenomena and is now in the hospital with a 104% temperature. I am absolutely beside myself- I'm so upset and don't really know if I should be angry with the people who sold her to me. Does anyone know of this breeder and if so, have you had any problems with their dogs? And furthermore, besides being sure the kennel pays for all medical bills, any thoughts on what I should do? It seems inhumane to sell a dog in this condition and I want to do the right thing to ensure they put more thought into their customer's emotions in the future.

Thank you

SJC

• 2 weeks later...

Please check the attached link. It looks like your breeder has been fined for AKC offenses. I wondered about your posting as an office mate bought a Pug from a Missouri breeder and it arrived with kennel cough, an amazingly runny nose and a undisclosed hernia operation - thought they might be the same people, don't know as yet. The Pug, dubbed Parker the Barker, is fine now but what an upsetting way to start a relationship on both sides. Good luck with your Cairn, we love our 17 week old who bites and bites and bites, but we love him.

http://www.akc.org/insideAKC/secretary_page/0302.pdf

Archived