CairnTalk

$600.00 quarter!!!

Melanie

Here is something for everyone with young pups:

When I got home from work on July 1st Max started throwing up and looking very uncomfortable. I kept an eye on him for about 2 hours and then decided to call the vet with his increasing symptoms. Well, to make a long story short, after 2 "after hour" visits to the vet, I finally insisted they took Xrays to see what was causing the bloodand internal pieces in his vomit. I was sure if I waited until the next day as suggested by the vet my Max would be gone. They did Xrays (more to soothe my worry) and found he had swallowed a quarter. It was lodged with no chance of passing without surgery :!:

Needless to say it was a long night until the next morning when surgery was done to remove the quarter. After a week of his tummy being stapled and (we had him neutered at the same time) he is back to normal. OH NO!! haha :wink:

We are celebrating his 1yr birthday on July 19th!! He still jumps like crazy, runs like a tornado, puppy bites and chews things from time to time, but none of that seems so important now when the chance of losing him was placed in my worries. He is truly a blessing!! :angel:

Melanie

Maxwell

Yipes!!!

So far mine has ingested a piece of dog bed, plastic, twigs, moths, crickets, and almost a dime.

You can be sure I will keep the quarters and half-dollars away from him.

Archived