CairnTalk

Jumping

George 'n' Gracie

Okay! So the shock collars were a bad idea. We still have the problem. I know there is some way we can control them when company comes over. Cairns aren't exactly tiny, fragile little dogs. It hurts when they jump on people. My goodness, I have bruises! Here is my question now...has anyone tried the anti-jump harness? It looks like it might be a good alternative. I was thinking we could put them on mostly when we knew company was coming. I don't want my Sweet little grandson to be afraid of George & Gracie. He wants to play with them so bad! They just scratch him all up!

Please HELP!!!!

Just one idea: http://forum.ctca.us/viewtopic.php?p=824#824

The Cairn Terrier Club of Denver has some book reviews and suggestions you might find helpful. Two books I've found helpful and enjoyably informative are Dog Problems by Carol Lea Benjamin and the very frequently recommended, Mother Knows Best (see "also by this author" on the Dog Problems link.)

Final thought: Have you considered obedience training? I see it as something fun that can be done with the dog and that helps us communicate with each other. Even though beginning obedience often focuses on a few simple behaviours, the increased communication and time working together often has tremendous benefits in all sorts of additional areas.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived