CairnTalk

Earthdog brag - new SE

bradl

Had to decide whether to wait until spring to try for Stella's third senior qualifying leg or head up to Whidbey Island for the last Northwest earthdog test of the season. I elected to pack up the car and head North and boy am I glad we did! The island is beautiful as always, the weather on Saturday was exquisite, and little Stella (18 months old) did great, earning her third leg in a row and a new title: Senior Earthdog.

The only downside is the judge and rat wrangler complained of deafness and ringing in their ears after listening to Stella's piercing bark for 90 seconds :whistle:

Having earned her ticket to the big leagues, Stella ran her first master test in the rain on Sunday. She was braced with another Cairn (a handsome and polite male named Griffin). She did not pass but had a terrific time in her first master experience, hunting off-lead for the first time (she did wonderfully, checking in with me often) and meeting the root obstacle for the first time. The root was her downfall so she did not pass. But, she is a fast learner and I'm really looking forward to running her in master class in the Spring.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Congratulations Stella and Brad sounds like it won't be long now until you have that title and at a young age too you must one proud papa .

Wonderful job Stella (and Brad)! Brad, you must be so talented at training earthdog skills. All of your pups do so well at it! I wouldn't even know where to begin!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

As I have said before, I think Piper would have made an excellent earth dog. I just wish that I had pursued it earlier but I haven't heard of it around here.

Congrats to Brad and Stella!! :thumbsup: !!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Pardon my pride - a friend had taken pictures at the ED test and I just got them. Here's Stella getting her qualifying ribbon on Saturday. She's giving me a kiss. After that she turned and gave the judge a kiss! She is such a sweet little dog.

normal_PA221446.JPG

Then on Sunday we ran Master for the first time. Here's Stella and her handsome bracemate Griffin waiting for Griffin's handler Marie to come back with her camera. We were all waiting for the previous brace to complete their run. Soon, it will be our turn!

normal_PA231457.JPG

Here's Stella indicating the quarry entrance while Griffin - who had already marked the entrance - looks on with encouragement. They worked so well together.

normal_PA231462.JPG

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Oh Brad... what wondeful pictures! Stella is obvioulsy extremely happy! You must be so proud!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Brad, your little Stella IS a sweety!!

Our Toto was a 'kissy girl' and her Daddy sure misses that. Piper is very stingy with 'em.....

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

• 3 months later...

That looks like such fun....:) Sophie is a huge kisser...all the time. My son tells her 'nose kisses' and she does, of course this backfires when I tell her "no kisses" LOL

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Archived