CairnTalk

Spay & neuter question

George 'n' Gracie

We made the decision to have George & Gracie spayed & neutered. So I dropped them off this morning and nearly cried. I'm sitting on needles and pins waiting to hear from the vet. I guess I need someone who has been through this to let me know what to expect tonight and the following few days. Will they both be tired and weak for a couple of days? Will they want to eat? Will they have control of their bladders?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cheryl

Hi, in general they are a little wobbly when they come home, and quiet. Usually they seem pretty much themselves the very next day, although they may be 10% more 'careful' than normal.

Other than the very day of surgery, the biggest problem you will likely have is trying to keep them from being their rambunctious selves as long as the vet would like. For us the hardest thing is to prevent the jumping up and down on furniture and wrestling! Crate rest, walks on leash (rather than loose ball playing in the family room or yard) are ways to keep them relatively calm for at least a few days.

Your vet will provide care and feeding instructions.

Some recent experiences in another thread begin here: http://forum.ctca.us/viewtopic.php?p=793#793

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hope all went well with George and Gracie ...

Meli went in for her spaying last Tuesday. She is doing well, and as others have said ... the biggest problem is keeping her inactive. She wants to chase birds, play ball, and bounce around the house. I hope you're having better luck with your two little pups!

Cheryl How are George and Gracie doing now? Just as important how are you doing? Been thinking about you.

Posey

Archived