CairnTalk

he keeps throwing up and I'm a new dog owner

We have a 4-year old male and the last 3 days he has thrown up 2-3 times a day. Carpets are not looking good... :cry:

Gets lots of exercise. Big back yard w/2 boys. Diet is maintained. Only thing that changed was dog treat brand.

He is a little chunky, but not bad.

Also any good suggestions on carpet cleaning products :wink:

• 3 months later...

Take him to the vet along with the new treats. He could have pancreatitis which is painful and can lead to serious problems. May sure he is not given greasy treats like hamburger, etc.

My cairn did that when she was younger. We (the vet and I) figured out she was allegic to lamb, so I switched her to a chicken based food. Both foods were the same brand, Eukenuba, which she loves, so there were no problems with diarrhea.

WE have a "Little Green Machine" for occasional accidents. It works great! We use rug doctor shampoo and also "Simple Solution" (sold at most pet stores to neutralize any odors.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Archived