CairnTalk

Montgomery

Cairns2

Are any fellow forum members heading to the Montgomery show Oct. 9th?

We will be there to watch the 142 Cairns entered in the show!

This is our first time at the show and we are excited!

I'll post when we return. Hope to see some of you there!

• 2 weeks later...

My breeder just called to alert me of this show here in Pennsylvania - lucky I am 20 minutes away - and can't wait to see the event.

Good Morning, VietNam! With that announcement the show began yesterday as the rain continued to fall, the grounds were soaked, mud everywhere. Mud so deep and thick it sucked your shoes off! Yes, it was Woodstock with dogs! Many breeders went home Saturday, choosing not to show their dogs in those conditions. I give credit to those who stayed, who groomed and carried their dogs across the mud to the rings. It had to be very difficult and stressful for them. Despite the weather, the Montgomery show was incredible! Terrier Heaven! We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the show. Some poignant moments: after Mrs. Bryant made her cuts she had about 30 Cairns in front her for BOB. To see those dogs, the top Cairns in the country all standing in a circle was breathtaking! The final judging was also very moving. We had never seen a brace before and it was truly something to see. For those not familiar with this, as we were not, they take two dogs of the same breed and put them on one lead that splits at the end to connect two dogs. The dogs are to move as one, like pairs skating. It was fabulous! Then BIS, about 8-10 dogs were pulled from the breed winners, including the Cairn! The winners of both the brace and the show were the smooth fox terrier. The BIS winner was a veteran bitch! She beat out all the younger dogs for BOB and then won the show! You go girl! If you love terriers, you must see this show at least once in your life. I shall never forget it! I will post some pictures this week once I get them off my camera.

The full results and catalog should be on infodog.com in a couple days.

Thanks for the report! Can't wait to see some pictures - sounds like a bit of swamp!

:thumbsup: to all who showed their dogs for their dedication, and congrats to all who earned a placement in that tough, tough competition.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

th_BIS.jpg

th_b0170ef5.jpg

th_4b089211.jpg

th_cdea2bb2.jpg

th_685bafb0.jpg

th_1882ced7.jpg

Ok, some photos from Montgomery. They loaded in the reverse order I wanted them in but I'll explain them. The top photo is the BIS winner CH.Pennfox Trackway's Wicked Brew, CD, JE shown with her handler and officials of MCKC.

Under that is the brace competition. The smooth foxes won that.

Then the Cairn BOB winner waiting to be judged in the final round for BIS. He is Ch. Terriwood Grand Slam from Washington State.

Now to the Cairns! Sorry I wanted them first, well you know how hard it is to post pictures! Half of the final cut in the ring, then the veteran males, and finally, Mrs. Bryant viewing one of the puppy classes.

I did mark a catalog so if you want to know about a particular Cairn or BOB win and can't wait for the results to be posted, just email me.

Enjoy the pictures!

I'm glad you had a good time. We were planning to go and even had hotel reservations, but my Mother-in-law was hospitalized. Please pray for her, her 82 year old body is giving out.

Archived