CairnTalk

Why am I still being "validated"?

Guest sandy's mom

Guest sandy's mom

I noticed that I am in a "validating" group. What does that mean, and do I need to do something?

Thanks!

Validating means you started but did not complete the registration process. Validation refers to confirming that the email address you registered with is valid, accurate, and yours. When you register, the system sends an email to the address you provided. You must click the link in THAT email to complete registration. It's a security measure.

If you made a typo on your own address when you registered, you will never receive the validation email. Also, some spam filters will put email that looks system-generated into Junk folders and whatnot, so people get the mail but don't realize it.

Go to the front page of the forum and read down the page carefully. You will find a link that says something like "Resend validation email" - click the link. Wait a few minutes and then check your email, including any junk folders your system might have.

If you still don't get the email within the hour, your email address is probably wrong in the system and you can either reregister with a new name, or send me a note and I'll manually change your email address to a correct one, and manually complete the registration process.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived