CairnTalk

snappy

Taz is 9 mounths old and just recently he has become very cross to visitors. He barks very ferociously & will try to bite. I do not understand why he has started to do this because he is very spoiled. Any suggesting would be very greatful. :oops:

• 1 month later...

I am having similiar problems with my cairn. We recently purchased him and his brother from the local shelter. Everything I read on the net said this breed is a good family dog and good with children. My one cairn goes crazy anytime someone comes to our home. He gets agressive and often tries to bite the person. I hold on to his collar while our visitor comes in and then the dog either accepts the person or continues to try to bite in which case we remove him from the room- with alot of effort on our part. I have been told that a gentle leader head collar does alot for bad behavior so I am planning to try that. Any other ideas out there?

What type of treats do you give your cairns? I had mine on milkbones and he was very angry and aggressive, especially at squirrels and visitors. I then switched to Pupperoni brand treats and he has gotten a lot nicer. He truly looooooves them and even when he's having a tantrum, will give it up for a Pupperoni.

I don't know if there's any correlation, but it worked for me.

ive been useing vitakraft yogurt drops and he goes crazy for them they seem to get his attention no matter what...

Archived