CairnTalk

cranky cairn

My 2 year old male (neutered) was so perfect until about 1 month ago. Now instead of loving our 3 house cats, he will snap at them if they lay next to him or get near his food dish,and just sometimes but not always. Even worse, he has snapped at our 2 and 3 year old grandsons when they got in his face too much..he use to adore those kids and lick them to death. It's like he does not want to be nice anymore. Suggestions? :twisted:

infact Nicky has been a little quirky fella from day one. But Georgia, thinking of the sudden change in your Cairn; makes me wonder if he feels that he was maybe being taken advantage of-in Cairn Terrier thoughts. And they do act a little different from the run of the mill puppy dog sometimes. They outgrow puppyhood around two years old. And he just may be feeling his "big dog" now stuff. And kind of strutting his stuff. But I would also check with the vet and make sure that he isn't sick with something you may not know about.

good luck,

Posey

Thanks for the reply, Posey. I took Rudy to the vet first and he is very healthy. Our dog groomer suggested that Rudy just gets tired of the kids by the end of the day, is telling us this by trying to avoid the kids and just needs a time out place where they cannot get him...even suggested that if I paid attention that I would see this. Ouch! And to me he is perfect, most wonderful personality, he has been worth all the work.

Archived