CairnTalk

dinnertime

How do you handle your doggy at their human's dinner time? Ours will stay quietly poised, in a sitting position, facing the stove for a half hour or more.

Thanks.

First, Nikki will guard the food that's cooking by not leaving the stove's side until the food is done. Then she will beg shamelessly from my boyfriend, because she's got him totally wrapped 'round her little paw and he will give her something. She knows better than to beg from me, but will remain ever hopeful that food will somehow leap from my plate onto the floor, so she'll hover close by just in case.

Take care! Susan

My boy puppy Nicky, is eight months old. And he was seven weeks old

when we bought him from the breeder. I fed him a boiled egg after

we had him a few days-woe is me! :cry: He learned that something

else was available besides puppy food. He now weighs over 18 lbs is

very healthy and eats a combination of human food and puppy food. But

:) he is beginning to like puppy food more and more. He gets so loving and affectionate at eating time. He rubs your leg like a cat would. And lays his head on my leg and looks up and really turns the cutes on. :P

And if I tell him its puppy food for this meal he acts like a downright

little dickens :twisted: He will chase his tale and tries to pinch my leg.

By the way he is never fed processed foods just fresh ones.

Posey

Today I tried something different. I gave him a round kong toy ball with slices along the sides. I put chicken in the rubber slices and gave him the ball at the beginning of dinner.

Halfway through, having difficulty getting some of the food out, he started to bark and disturb us. We told him to eat his kibble. After a while he ignored us in favor of the chicken ball.

So far, so good.

Thanks for your input, guys. I thought we were the only ones with a stove malingerer.

Tonight, I'm making chicken, and Nikki is doing sentry duty in front of the oven as usual. I've apparently gotten carried away with the pepper, and she's sneezing a lot. I should feel bad about this, but it just makes me giggle! lol!

Susan

Archived