CairnTalk

Facebook Login Method Disabled

bradl

The Facebook Login method will be disabled this weekend. There are very few accounts that use this method exclusively, and some have been inactive for a long time, so very few members will be affected. If you are affected, I will cheerfully help you reestablish your login!

What Happens?

If you previously used only your Facebook credentials to log in, that will no longer work; instead,  add a personal email to your account settings. Your account will not otherwise be affected: in future you will simply log in with the email address and password associated with your account.

Because your account is no longer tied to your Facebook account, your profile photo here will no longer sync with your profile photo on Facebook.

How do I know if I will be affected?

If you have a personal email address listed in your Account Settings, you are already good to go — you don't need to do anything. Log in as always.

If you have a Facebook proxy email address listed (it will be unmistakeable — an  example is shown below), you will need to provide a new email address.

Settings_-_CairnTalk-2.png

If your email looks similar to the one above, simply update your account settings email address to use your own email.  Then you will  log in using your email as username in the future. It's a good idea to change your password at the same time.

Help I'm Stuck

If you are having difficulty logging in after the change and you previously used Facebook to login, let me know via the contact form (please include your screen name and your email address) and I will set your existing account to use your email address and a temporary password. After you log in, change the temporary password in Account Settings.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club