CairnTalk

Missing Edit Button

Scully'sMom

Brad, you asked about the length of time I wanted to edit. It was as soon as I posted and I realized I wanted to add something. Once I hit "Add Reply" and my post is there, there is no edit button anymore.

Also, I don't know if this is anything but I tried to click on your name to send you a PM about this instead of starting a discussion and I got this:

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

I tried clicking on other people's names in the forum to see if that would make a difference and I got the same error message.

Feel free to email me if you'd like.

I see the problem - your membership has somehow become set to 'validating' - did you change email addresses lately? Any change in email has to be revalidated. Normally the system spits out a confirmation message for you to click in just a minute or two. Often, automatically generated messages get filtered by folks' junk-mail and spam filters.

I will manually reset your membership. Once you see 'registered' under your name, you'll have the edit button back, along with PM privileges, etc.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad, I did have to change the email address the other day - we switched from cable to DSL.

Thanks so much for looking into that for me.

Archived