CairnTalk

Invalid Email Addresses

bradl

Please verify that the email address for your Cairn Talk account is correct. The automated password reset feature will not work for you if the email address is not correct. Additionally, email sent to you through CairnTalk will bounce. To verify your email address click the My Controls link at the top of the page, then look in Your account summary and verify your email address. You must be logged in of course.

If your email address is correct you need do nothing; simply hit your browser back button to leave the page. If your email address is invalid (as described below) you will not be able to fix it yourself. Please read on. If your email address is simply outdated or changing, you can change it yourself. Click Change Email Address under Options.

Some invalid email addresses caused by upgrade

In the process of doing some forum maintenance I discovered a number of probably invalid email addresses. Certain accounts appear to have had email address changes caused by our upgrade last year. In each case the email address was adjusted by the upgrade script to prevent duplicate email addresses in the database. Duplicate addresses existed where a second account had been created by someone already registered. The old software allowed this; the new software does not. The upgrade script gave priority to the original account and modifed the address of the second account to make it unique (and invalid, unfortunately).

Changed email addresses look just like your original email address, with a number prepended, like so:

original address: me@example.com

changed address: 123-me@example.com

What to do if you are unable to reset your own email address

Please send me an email and let me know which of your two accounts you wish to remain active. I will delete the redundant account and help you get your preferred account in good working order. There are many benefits to being logged in and I want every Cairn Talk member to enjoy those benefits.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 12 years later...
  • bradl locked this topic