CairnTalk

Site Updated

bradl

Site has been updated to a new version of the software. 

We use a lot of plugins to customize the site and add features or functionality. Not all of the plugins have been updated to the newest version and/or I experienced difficulty getting them to cooperate :P For example, the "who we are" plugin that listed user avatars and recent activity was giving me fits. So for the time being I disabled it and made a "Recently" feed to replace some of that functionality. Look for Recently in the sidebar.

There is no doubt that there will be some things I missed and outright bugs. If you come across something clearly broken, please let me know here so I can research it. I am especially interested if you encounter a page that fails to load and generates an error message referencing a template error or out-of-date template.

Depending on your device and browser, your device may attempt to load pages from the previous version - as many pages are mixed content from various site resources this can fail. The cure for this is to clear your browser cache. Clearing your browser cache forces your device to request "fresh" content from the site.

As always if you have how-to or why questions about *using* the site please open a new topic in Forum Support so we as a community can provide either a "how-to" or at least a what or why :) 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Idaho Cairns

I'm one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" types so I'm going to see how this new format works as compared to what we have apparently left

It's pretty much the same info as before, just moved to the side. 

Because security updates are rolled into new versions, keeping the software versions current is not really optional. It's gotten more automated over the years but I still find it stressful. 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club