CairnTalk

Body language says it all.

Hillscreek

Scruffy is a very lively outgoing adventurous UK cairn who posts many pics of his wonderful life hiking the woods and mountains playing on the beach etc.

However............he was asked to dress up for the holidays.........here's how he felt about that

1843513464_Bodylanguagesaysitall.thumb.jpg.faaacc134f0d7e67ece052f965c4bc2e.jpg

757465606_holidaydressup.thumb.jpg.cec7a2f2590b69750fc68e065103375f.jpg

Body language says it all!

on beach with friend.jpg

on the beach.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Exactly!  Cairns will not stand the abuse of being "cute" with the addition of costumes.  Cairns are "natural" dogs, never "floo floo" a Cairn!  Toy dogs are fine in medieval dress--Cairns ARE medieval in their own ancient coats and covers.  Harruummmph!!!!!!

• Like 2

Scruffy does not look impressed with his Spidey costume.  Scruffy does not look perky in his Spidey costume.  Scruffy seems, well, he appears, seems to be EMBARRASSED by his Spidey Costume--the burden and the boredom of his clinging Spidey.  No need to apologize to me but Scruffy appears to be owed an enormous mea culpa from his owner for not only having the application of this outrage but having his embarrassment documented and distributed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Have to apologize for name mixup. His name is Smudge - not Scruffy. I know some UK cairn folks read our posts - don't want Smudge to be upset!

He would surely sympathize with Ruffy - poor guy.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:53 PM, Idaho Cairns said:

Scruffy does not look impressed with his Spidey costume.  Scruffy does not look perky in his Spidey costume.  Scruffy seems, well, he appears, seems to be EMBARRASSED by his Spidey Costume--the burden and the boredom of his clinging Spidey.  No need to apologize to me but Scruffy appears to be owed an enormous mea culpa from his owner for not only having the application of this outrage but having his embarrassment documented and distributed.  

Just so you know, Idaho... Your comments made me feel appropriately guilt-ridden for the embarrassment I caused Ruffy. I apologized to him profusely and was forgiven!

In my defense - I had caved to the community standards and spirit by joining the "Halloween Howl" doggy parade and costume contest. Attached are pix of contestants with get-ups much more extreme than Ruffy's!😀

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_0974.JPG

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

First let me correct the error, I used "Scruffy"  when referring to "Ruffy" and Ruffy's obvious discomfort in spider bearing but will reiterate that neither Cairn, whether dressed in Middle Age garb or spider bedecked appeared  happy with their plight.  As for what you cosmopolitan folks do on special occasions to abuse your pets (none of these dogs looked happy either) is, of course, your business, but, fair warning, a Cairn is not a "floo floo" dog and, worse, Cairns bear grudges.  I would be concerned that some revenge for the Spider and/or the Robin Hood garb may be in the making and it will probably not be pleasant. 
Remember the old rhyme "Never tease a Cairn, not even once or twice, for the Cairn will not like it and teasing isn't nice!" 

Let me show you how excited Bonnie gets in costume!

Have a wonderful Holiday Season folks!!!!!

Edited by Idaho Cairns
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, hheldorfer said:

Bonnie does NOT look pleased!  Reminds me of Buffy's reaction to her red raincoat.

The key there is that Bonnie tolerates anything those granddaughters do to/with her--she is patient to a fault with those little girls but snarly, snarly with us when she is displeased.  They, the girls and Bonnie, were kind of raised together, especially when Bon was a pup and she just sort of "packed up" with them.

• Like 3

I for one, am completely in shock, that these Cairns wore anything that was put on them, long enough for a picture to be taken.🤣

Bonnie looked so beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

clearly cairns have every reason to look forward to the costumey time of year. you can see the joy on their faces. they are alredy anticipating the dress-ups of 2019!

• Like 1