CairnTalk

Blog and new postings

Sam I Am

Brad I was in my blog posting and noticed new blogs I hadn't read yet. Are there notifications on the site that a new blog entry has been posted or does one have to go into the blogs and just search?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

If you want active notification, when you see a blog that you want to be notified if/when it updates, click the Follow button at the top. Then you'll get a notification of updates. You can set the type of notification you get (notification icon on the userbar or an actual email) in Notification Settings. I believe most likely you'd get notifications however you get notifications for forum topics.

follow.png

Another view of activity on the site are the Activity Streams

activity.png

• Activity → All Activity lists a variety of activities that have taken place, including blog posts
  • Activity → Unread Content focuses on unread content which presumably includes blogs (the unread content button over on the right on the navbar is a shortcut to that activity stream)

The "Who We Are" add-in block on the front page reports only forum activity. That's a third-party block (created by a user and not the company that makes this software). 

So in summary, Follow is probably your best bet to keep track of blogs you know about and get active notifications; Activity is the best way to learn about new ones that may pop up (hint, hint).

Hope that helps.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I had to double-check something and I found a "feed block" that returns the latest posts in Blogs. I put it in the sidebar. 

My main concern with it is that one of the AKC RSS feeds is borked and reading the complete article requires a little manual fiddling with the URL, which is a bad user experience. 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club