Sign in to follow this  
sanford

How to search for information on Cairn Talk

sanford

Whenever I enter something in the search bar, I get this message: "Found 0 Results". For example, I entered "heart murmur", looking for previous entries on that topic, with no success although I'm pretty sure this condition has been addressed by members in the past. What am I doing wrong?

bradl

You're not doing anything wrong. When I searched the same terms only your post came up :huh:

Search is one of the most-frequently requested improvements for this software. Believe it or not it's gotten better over the years but still a ways to go. Good tagging helps (I'll do some tips later, particularly on that) but for faster results I'll share the main tip I use when I want to dig as deeply as possible: google site search.

Short version: in a google search bar (if your browser is set to use google as its preferred search that can also be the address bar) type the words you're looking for followed by site:cairntalk.net — that tells google to search its indexes and return results from the named site. It's a good way to find information from any specific site.

So I typed ...

heart murmur site:cairntalk.net

and the (6) results were … 

IMG_0430.PNG