CairnTalk

Am I the only one....?

Idaho Cairns

Idaho Cairns

..that is confused by the new redesign of the Forum?   I was used to bringing up the site and seeing new topics and discussions on old topics on one page--it did not require a search thru several categories to know what was going on.  Not sure the redesign is more efficient for the user. 

• Like 1

I'm sure you are not :) This post shows how to get a similar view to the one that was removed. If you choose the "fluid" topic view for the front page, it sticks and will be that way until/unless you change it back. I left the default view the typical forum view for the reason mentioned.

I'm also fond of the activity view which gives an even more detailed view of happenings. 

Pending_Updates_-_Forum_Support_-_CairnTalk_net.png

That view includes an option to show just the summary (collapsed) or most of the new content (expanded)

All_Activity_-_CairnTalk_net.png

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Chuck I swear it's Brad's mission to keep our more "mature" brains being tossed a new challenge now and then.:P

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

It's self-preservation. Mine is one of those brains.

The upgrade turned my regional club site into hash. I've given myself 48 hours to attempt to clean it up and then it will go live again no matter what shape it's in. My hands are screaming with arthritis.

• Sad 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

I'm with you, Chuck! I guess Brad never heard about teaching old dogs, (me, in this case)...

I guess if I can learn to like broccoli, I can learn to like the new design, so I'll (doggedly) stick with it until I do!?

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

49 minutes ago, bradl said:

The upgrade turned my regional club site into hash...

Sorry Brad, but Mr. Wilde was right - "No good deed shall go unpunished"!☹️

• Like 1

FEAR THE CAIRN!

But what would we do without you and this great forum! I can send some aspirin down your way to help with the arthritic hands....keep calm and carry on Brad.:thumbsup:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

Ok, now that I "got" the "new activity" thing, I think I'll get it figured out and will probably thrive but, fair warning, if I repeat myself, if I seem a little disoriented, drool, or otherwise seem more out of it than normal, I will expect understanding from the more forum savvy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, so the "who we are" block was updated for the current version and I didn't have to buy it a second time, so it's back.  

Since it was updated the preference setting works again — you can hide the block by clicking the gear icon and turning display of the block off. 

Forums_-_CairnTalk_net.png

If you decide to turn it back on again, go to your user menu (the drop-down menu under your name at the top of the forum) and select Account Settings

Settings_-_CairnTalk_net 2.png

… then choose the Who We Are tab.

Settings_-_CairnTalk_net.png 

You can then toggle display of the block on/off.

Idaho Cairns

Nice surprise this morning Bradl--I came, I saw, and I managed to conquer after a weekend of wandering around in the wilderness of the new changes.  I like the straightforward menu on page one (like the old look) so I know how to navigate to a conversation.  You know us oldsters, get us on a strange path and there is no telling where we will end up!  "New Fangled", "New Fangled"?  I don't need no stinkin' "New Fangled!

• Like 1