CairnTalk

CTCA Centennial Travel Update

kjwarnold

For any of you traveling to the CTCA Centennial at Purina Farms today or tomorrow, be aware that we are having severe weather with heavy rain and flooding.  I-44 that leads to Purina Farms is/may be closed in places and traffic is being re-routed.  You can check MODOT travel updates via http://www.modot.org/?stop_mobi=yes.

Safe travels to you and good luck!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Me too. Canceling would be a surprise and a blow. Some folks have been on the road for three and four days! Cairn people are terriers at heart so I'd imagine pretty much no matter what the show will go on to the extent possible, given the circumstances on the ground. The problem for the earthdogs will be did anyone remember to pack snorkels!

18156886_10155411701574642_143473509688907987_n.jpg

• Like 3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I-44 is closed for a good stretch through Missouri and MODOT says it might be closed until mid-week.  That's a major highway through the state so I'm sure traffic is a nightmare.  A friend is chair of the local show over the weekend (after the Centennial) and has been coordinating with them.  

Purina Farms has a great indoor facility so they'll be set for some of the events. There's talk of bringing in pumps to get the water out of the earthdog tunnels!  Too bad we don't still have Packy.  He'd just say, "I've got this, Mom!" and swim through the tunnels to get the rats.  I haven't heard anything about cancelling though.  You know, the show must go on!

Yeah, I really wish we could go but I can't see it happening.  My Dad has a PET-scan on Thursday and we need to be here.

• Like 1

The CTCA 100th Celebration Facebook page is full of fun photos, etc.!!! 

Pepper's Mom

That's a great photo!  Lots of fun pics from the all-Cairn agility yesterday.

Oh, how I wish Packy was still with us for the dock diving!  That boy could launch himself into the water like a rocket.  And he had great form, all stretched out for maximum distance!

• Like 7

I had the time of my life at the "Top twenty invitational" dinner last night. It was fun to watch, the dinner was great, and I got to meet so many nice people!

• Like 4

The reviews of the event have been so great!  My friend (also our breeder) said it was amazing and almost overwhelming, with so many Cairns.  Gosh, I wish we could have been there.

• Like 1

Our breeder friend was with us at most of the events, It took him 12 hours to get here due to flooding and road closures. It should have been a 4 and 1/2 hour trip!  I have never seen so many different cairn terrier colors. The whole thing was a great experience and I learned a lot. The committee members were so helpful to me in making sure I received my commemorative chronicles. (when I was there, they were not and when they were there I wasn't) I finally got them the last night. Such a beautiful book to have.

• Like 1