CairnTalk

When you have to go, you have to go

Sam I Am

So this is the usual state my grass is when spring eventually decides to hit this part of the world. Peeing Scottie girl patches!  I am always amazed that after a good rake, sun and rain, all those patches turn green again. Ready yet again for the winter pee patrol. Every dog we have ever had...yes let's train them to go on one spot.....somehow we never get around to it. When is -40 :P

you just want your dog to go potty and get the heck back inside. As we don't have our baby Cairn boy yet, the bushes are actually looking fine. Jock nearly did them all in. 

IMG_0630.JPG

• Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

You may see brown pee patches and a sad-looking garden; I see *potential*.:)  We have the same pee patch problem here and I agree - no way am I going to be particular about where Buffy does her business when it's windy, freezing and snowing!

Hitting my own garden today for a pre-Easter spruce-up.  We already need to mow the grass and tulips are blooming!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hheldorfer said:

We already need to mow the grass and tulips are blooming!

We wish! Fresh snowfall just melted. Picking up sticks and waiting for grass to greenup Angus's spots.

• Like 1

We just dug up our 12x15 yard that was a mud patch....mud in the house, on their feet and stunk...I have tried for 4 years to keep it green and health and finally gave up!  We have placed 4" of crushed rock and week barrier down.  I have ordered samples of artficial dog turf- 3 arrived and they are beautiful!  Waiting for our last sample and then will order the grass.  The dogs would not pee or poop on the gravel until we laid down some cheap fake grass from our camping days we had in the garage and then they hit the fake grass! 

• Like 1

Pepper's Mom

:)  Looks just like our yard - but ya know, I through a little grass seed on (sometimes I rack it in) just before the weather person gives us a good chance of rain and it comes around and looks like grass by the end of spring.  Yes, we will be mowing here too shortly - but then, being on the farm, we immediately have dandelions after the first mow.  Hate that.  But they to tend to bloom less by the end of spring and it doesn't look to bad.  O well.  

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori