CairnTalk

Cairns at Crufts

Hillscreek

Love the pics....some crazy names for sure.:P

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

1 hour ago, Terrier lover said:

...some crazy names for sure.:P

Thanks for pointing this out...How do they come up with those hilarious, goofy names? (Psychedelic drugs, perhaps)?:whistle:

• Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

2 hours ago, sanford said:

Thanks for pointing this out...How do they come up with those hilarious, goofy names? (Psychedelic drugs, perhaps)?:whistle:

From what I've gathered it sort of goes like this:  For example, the breeder's name is Guinness.  Her first litter produces two Cairns named Stout of Guinness and Ale of Guiness.  Stout of Guinness grows up, wins lots of dog shows and becomes the sire of another litter by a bitch named Pilsner Blonde.  Their pups are named Blondie of Pilsner Guinness and Brindle of Pilsner Guinness.  It goes on and on until you eventually have a dog named Sir Cairnsalot of Budweiser Heineken Pilsner Guinness Bartender I'm Parched Give me Another.:P

Edited by hheldorfer
  • Like 8

At that point PLEASE give me a a shot of good Scottish whiskey!

• Like 3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

• 3 years later...

It's been a while since I've been on the Forum.  Just plodding through threads, saw one I could add to !  Agatha won a 5th (VHC) in Post Graduate Bitch at Crufts in 2020.  Unfortunately due to the virus in the UK that was our last show !  Hoping that Crufts goes ahead this year, Cairn day will be 16th July this time, and we should be able to enter Agatha from the end of March.  Her niece Olive who is 1 tomorrow has sadly never been to a show yet, and hardly any ringcraft classes.  She's quite wild.  This year though there will be no puppy or Junior classes at Crufts anyway.

Just saw the thread about unusual names !  Agatha is Cannwood Call Me Aggie, and her niece Olive is Cannwood Quiet Reflections although that is such a misnomer.  Nothing quiet about her.

Jane

xxxxx

Crufts win 2020.jpg

Edited by Jane2212
  • Like 5

• 7 months later...

Beautiful dogs! I'm just learning about showing dogs (I am NOT going to do it) and it's all very interesting! My breeder shows her dogs (US), and my friend, who was a breeder, showed dogs before she retired.

Must admit the show names just kill me! As funny as a horse I owned many years ago whose registered name was Zips my pop too!  I called him Pappy. 🤣

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This year at Crufts the entry is 111 Cairns! I have been lucky to see some of the classes on FaceBook. What a fun peak.  There is a feed for a blooper reel, too.  Mostly Agility  and Rally, what fun.

• Haha 1