CairnTalk

Little Kids and Their Big Dogs

bradl

That dog might have some Cairn in him. I say this post needs to move out of the dog park and onto page 1. :D

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Thank you Brad. That led to me looking up Komondor on Wikipedia. They are a large version of a Cairn that protects their homes against predators. That led me to looking up Cumans. I'm a fan of history so that was a very interesting read of history in the 10th to 14th centuries of east to west history in Europe.

• Like 2

There are 2 Komondors in my neighborhood. ( I think the breed is also known as Hungarian sheepdogs). They never fail to attract lots of attention, smiles, questions and gawking. It's impossible to see any "dog" under all the thick Rostafarian curls. Komondors truly look like walking mops...One of the owners described that they require a tremendous amount of constant upkeep... The hair is a magnet for attracting flotsam, jetsam and debris.

They are lovely dogs, but they make me feel lucky to have a low-maintenance, "no-frills" cairn terrier!?

Edited by sanford
  • Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

8 hours ago, sanford said:

There are 2 Komondors in my neighborhood.

Has Ruffy ever seen them and, if so, does he know they are dogs or does he think a janitor's mop got loose and is roaming the streets?:P

• Like 2

Ruffy always stiffens and growls at the Komondors,? so we give them a wide berth. To my knowledge, Ruffy has never growled at a mop, so I assume he knows they are dogs!?

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!