CairnTalk

Cairn Conditioning & Rehab

bradl

Our local club had an education "field trip" in lieu of a club meeting this April. Thought I would share some notes from the handout and a cute video of Malka demonstrating the water treadmill.

Cairn Conditioning

I was *really* impressed at how much information a skilled practitioner can identify based on observation and manipulation. Once the Dr pointed things out it seemed almost obvious, yet without guidance I would be oblivious. I can barely figure out which leg is hurt when a dog is limping!

For example, she pointed out one Cairn would flex using her entire spine doing cookie stretches in one direction but flexed from about the midpoint-forward going in the opposite direction. Once she pointed it out you could see it in the movement of the coat as well as the overall shape of the dog. Turns out the dog had a huge lipoma removed last year on that side. The scar has adhesions which the dog was favoring, but which could be worked out by exercise. Amazing.

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thought these suggestions for exercises were great. Sent to UK forum as there are a couple or so cairns over there needing some help right now. They can share with their vets. Plus I think these exercises could be used for fun training and bonding.