CairnTalk

Petition to punish dog abusers

Autumn & Lola

This story of unbelievable animal abuse left me in a flood of tears. I first heard of it on change.org. The two perpetrators of this horrific abuse received little more than a slap on the wrist for their crimes.  If you can get past the story (and it is indeed harrowing - you may want to close your eyes as you scroll past the photos), please sign the petition to have these two suitably punished. (Although what I, and probably a lot of you, feel is suitable would not be allowed by law.)  There is a fundraiser as well, attached to the petition, but all I'm asking is for you consider signing the petition.  Let the UK courts know that people all over the world are outraged that this still goes on with little punishment to the abuser.

Thank you!

The story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3515263/Horrifying-moment-laughing-thug-headbutted-pet-bulldog-Baby-jumped-threw-stairs.html

The petition:

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-reconsider-andrew-and-daniel-frankish-s-prison-sentences-for-animal-cruelty-charges/u/16037960?tk=OxBqv2LJ5Mv7xdfGTPx7M3WQbuoT_ELwgLKT-N3bPZA&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

• Like 1

In my distress, it seems I posted the update to the petition (where people can still sign), instead of the original petition, which states what the petition originator, Alex, hopes to achieve:

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-reconsider-andrew-and-daniel-frankish-s-prison-sentences-for-animal-cruelty-charges

I think this story hit harder knowing it was the *family pet* of these two vile morons. The love our pets give us and the trust they put in us... as Helene said, there are no words.

Thanks Helene, Helene's DH and Pepper Bug's Mom.

I signed the petition, but chose not to read the story because It gets me too angry:censored: when I read reports of abuse of our loving, trusting companions!:mad:

Edited by sanford
  • Like 2

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Thanks, Sanford.

Yup, I know what you mean. It's infuriating and heartbreaking at the same time.

I didn't read and didn't sign. Hundreds of terrible stories in multiple locations both sides of the Atlantic. And unfortunately the same terrible stories regarding children.:cry: I have given up on the many, many, appeals which may or may not, be actually true and which may or may not achieve anything. Focus instead on my local community where we try to do what we can. e.g. Last winter someone left a starving dog by the roadside in a crate in freezing weather. A neighbor passing recognized the crate, found the dog, knew who the owner was. Owner was prosecuted and dog saved. Out in the boondocks we tend to look after our own first. Selfish perhaps, but I learned long ago I couldn't save the world, though I did try :D - won't bore you with the many causes I espoused when younger:lol: