CairnTalk

Tooth Fairy

Dempsy's Mom

Dempsy wants to wait for the tooth fairy next time.  :) 

Dempsy was dropped off for his dentist appointment at 8:30 am - they called around noon and informed me that everything went fine and I can pick him up at 4:30 pm.  Couldn't wait to get him.  Saw Demps come around the corner and he looked so tired.  Poor little guy.  They pulled one tooth and cleaned the rest - the teeth look great.  Dempsy had a small supper tonight and is resting.  They gave him a 24 hour pain shot so between the pain meds and the trauma he is pooped.  I am going to go check on him now, give him a little love and make him comfortable for a good nights snooze. 

• Like 5

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

What a relief to hear that Dempsy came through his dental so well! Give him loads of cuddles (and maybe a treat?) from Addie and I.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Glad to hear The Big D came out of the procedure in good shape. Bet he is just chomping at the bit to get going today.

A little reminder to stay away from bully sticks. Sassy lost her front lower teeth between the canines due to me allowing her to have them.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

I sang the poo walk song this morning and Demspy came running.  Had a great poo and then turned a little runny at the end.  I am sure that is just stress.  Looks like he feels great.

Dempsy does have bully sticks once in awhile - do you really think that they are bad for teeth?  Demps does pull at them with his front teeth.  Poor Sassy - doesn't slow her down from chasing the boys. :)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

As you know bully sticks are about as strong as steel, and I truly do believe that the bully sticks did her teeth in. About six months prior to taking her in for her dental she stopped being interested in them. It didn't dawn on me that she had a broken tooth, and not one of the front teeth either, that was causing her pain. This tooth was broken below the gum line and revealed by doing a full mouth x-ray. I only gave her one per week over a 3 year period.

The lack of those teeth has not prohibited her from eating anything that she had prior, so that is a good thing.

• Like 1

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF