CairnTalk

How to create a member album?

sanford

I wanted to add a photo to my album, but l can't remember if I ever created one. I tried searching in my member profile and elsewhere, but couldn't find any albums, so I assumed I don't have one and decided to attempt to create one...

I looked up "How to create a member album" in Forum Support and found instructions from Brad, but they were from 2013 and his on-screen visuals did not look anything like my screen, so I am at a loss.

i would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Good question and things have changed a lot. Here are some new screenshots.  Hope they help and if not, let me know which step needs clarification.

1. Shortcut to adding an image.

You'll have the opportunity to create the album or add it to an existing one (if one exists that you have permission for).

g1.png.34c1bdba07d94543b6031330e766b4f4.

2. Select Member Albums

g2.png.480fe0f285392bd6cdac37586050135e.

3. Name your album and click the Create button.

g3.thumb.png.07d288ce2927b1ebfb232f97fcd

4. Add your image(s) to the upload screen. 

g4.thumb.png.126babe2e5d46a46b1cc7bf18b8

5. For each image, add a title, caption, description or whatever you'd like, then click the Finish button.

g5.thumb.png.ee0ae32b1151a520204b2316356

6. Enjoy!

g6.thumb.png.09e8f2526a2ef1399cb8ae9c9d3

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

As per your visual: "Shortcut to creating an image": On my page, I see the icon of the bell and the icon for mail, (envelope), but + change - does not appear.

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Puzzling indeed. If I log in with your permission-set I see it plainly.

sanford.png.b355180dbf1835be698c3b35f88b

Well until we sort that out, there's more than one way (I just picked what I thought would be the simplest and most direct). 

Try this instead: while on the Gallery index (main page) click the Add images button and it will take you to the same place as Step 2.

sanford2.png.82c23f64865737f877cacb5ca90

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

Thanks, Brad... I found the "Create" button at the top of the page, just as you described, when I accessed Cairn Talk on my desktop, so the problem is solved!     

Up till now, I had been using my iPad, where "Create" does not appear. It's beyond me to understand why this data should appear on the Mac, but not on the iPad, but I'll leave that for the computer-literate among us to figure out!

i appreciate your help... I can't imagine where you learned such patience... Certainly not from your cairns!?

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Hah! Cairns taught me heaps about patience (and forgiveness … and persistence … no wait, I was born persistent :P

Indeed the Create menu looks to be an occasional victim of the responsive design. My regular ol' iPad shows the normal desktop view in landscape and doesn't switch to a mobile view (recognizable by the "hamburger" menu") until I rotate the pad to portrait. However the site design adapts to different views depending on the resolution of the browsing device, so if your specific device resolution drops below a certain threshold, the view changes. You can simulate this by grabbing the corner of your desktop browser and shrinking the window until the layout pops into a responsive adaptation.

It looks like even in portrait mode on an iPad you can reach the Add images button if you go to the gallery. 

IMG_0373.thumb.jpg.45b9e169b8cd014e87944

On a phone the layout is necessarily very vertical and the Add images button does not appear until near the bottom of the page.

IMG_6477.thumb.jpg.eb89fa03d56a33acd3bd2