CairnTalk

Sam I Am

Rosie has the sweetest habit which really matches this girls lovely nature. When she plays with her toys, especially new ones, she never rips or tears them. She does those tiny little gnawing bites with the front of her teeth..we call them loves bites. Jock was pretty good with his toys also, although in younger years he disembowelled a few. Sandie our previous Scottie ate them! Expensive habit...due to emerg surgery.

So interesting how every dog treats their toys differently ......Rosie treats her toys gently and kindly, mirroring her personality . I think somewhere in her Scottish breeding, a lab or poodle must have dated a distant relative of hers ! The only time her terrier nature peaks through is if squirrelly or the hares that munch our grass in the front lawn are around, then I have a maniac terrier bouncing of the walls.

Love our Scotties and Cairns. :)

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Nibble nibble nibble. 

One of my favorite (animated) movie scenes is from Babe. A litter of Border Collie puppies is swarming all over the piglet to check him out and on the soundtrack you can hear a puppy voice calling out, "What does he taste like?" 

• Like 4

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

That's sweet, Terrier Lover. :)  Love bites - so cute!  :D

There is only one toy that Lola attacks with much gusto. That one is so ratty now.  The others she knaws on like Rosie does - a bit of a nibble or chew, toss around, then placed gently on the floor again. :) Sometimes she just takes them one by one out of her toybox, spreads them on the floor and either noses each one, or gives it a little chew, or jumps on it. Then she'll walk away. I guess she's just taking inventory of her toys, seeing if they are all still present and accounted for. If only I could get her to put them back in the box. ;)

• Like 3

Nikki likes biting fleas on his plush toys. :) He loves squeaking latex toys and pulling out the squeaker. Some of his toys get plucked and shaken like prey. Some are licked and nibbled. Some get torn up. And sometimes he naps using a toy as a pillow. I never know what he's going to do. XD

Reminds me: last week I was wearing decorative socks. They are the same color as the carpet and have wraparound 3 inch long bluebirds woven on them. Nikki noticed one of the bluebirds on my sock so he daintily pinched it to see if he could pick it up and take it with him. Lol. I felt his teeth gently pinch my foot. Thankfully he promptly lost interest and walked away.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Elsie never got into toys.  Dempsy used to love his toys, but since Elsie and Kitty came along he no longer has interest in them either - unless, of course, you squeak them.  Dempsy has one little orange pig he moves around once in a while, but other than that the toys sit in a box. Dempsy has never hurt his little piggy.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori