CairnTalk

Living in the frozen north

Sam I Am

Woke up this morning to the snow blanketing my budding flower garden...well let me clarify, my flower garden that is trying to grow! Rosie was shocked and tentatively stepped out into it, did a very quick potty break, came inside.

Mum why are we living here.

Rosie it has something to do with the bison meat you consume. They don't grow bisons in a lot of other parts of Canada.

Mum I can try eating something else....perhaps we could move down to Dempseys farm. They could grow bison couldn't they?

I don't know Rosie, Lori seems to be practicing for the Indy 500 on her gator and losing her co pilot/farm manager on the way!

I could sit with Elsie.

Perhaps Rosie, perhaps.

Edited by Terrier lover
  • Like 2

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Cute story. :)

As chance would have it, we had our first buffalo meat last weekend - burgers - they were wonderful!  We have steak to try next.  It is very possible Rosie, that a buffalo ranch could exist here in Clark, South Dakota.  Very little chance of snow in May, but we have had it a time or two.  Maybe Dempsy would get more respect out of the buffalo calves.  Dempsy, Elsie and Rosie would have a grand old time!

Sorry about your flower garden. :(

Edited by Dempsy's Mom
  • Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Here in Minnesota, considered the frozen north by many in the USA, we are having a lovely, warm spring.  Trees are flowering, lilacs out.  But I know only too well that a week from now we could get a half foot of snow.  We did on Mother's Day weekend in 2013...

Rosie, you have to learn to love where you are! Good advice for all of us.

Ugh, I don't think I could take snow at this point.  April snow was bad enough.  I threatened to pack and leave!  

They are forecasting 1 foot of snow in the west - Black Hills - this weekend.  Keep it there please.

• Like 1

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori