CairnTalk

Cairns at Westminster 2015

Hillscreek

Thanks for posting the link.

I was disappointed that once again there wasn't a Cairn among the winners of the Terrier group.  On the other hand it's probably a good thing that Cairns fly under the radar. 

• Like 1

No accounting for bad taste..that's all I can say.

Beagle was very sweet but isn't a terrier!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

very very handsome dogs. i would probably be disappointed in the cairn that excelled at westminster. it is kind of the anti-cairn event. on the other hand, we could have a competition where you actually get points for fondling the judge, checking out every movement in the room, scarfing down as many treats as you can get, jumping on mommy to congratulate her on being a good girl, hopping wildly around the ring, and of course barking a continual cheeri-o at everybody you see. 

• Like 4

I noticed they did their best though.

Cairn brushed as being lifted off the table quickly shook that off.

Cairns being gaited made sure to check out the action round and outside the ring as they trotted along more or less smoothly 

Cairns made sure to let it be known they were doing all this for the treat not especially to please their handlers. 

Even managed a friendly bark her and there.

• Like 1

I do like Westminster if only for the pretty good improving-each-year videos of the breed judging. The entries are so limited though that it's hard to get that full spectrum Cairn experience. For that you really need to see a national specialty or a well attended regional. There instead of a handful of Cairns you get to see scores of Cairns (sometime in excess of 100 for the national) from puppies on through veterans. You will likely see all the antics you desire :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club