CairnTalk

Illustrated Breed Standard - UK Joint Cairn Terrier Clubs

bradl

A useful and informative booklet from the UK Joint Cairn Terrier Clubs. 

The purpose of this booklet is to explain and amplify the Cairn Terrier Standard to help in the training of judges and exhibitors new to the breed

UKJCTC_illus_cairn_standard.pdf

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Enjoyed reading this. Illustrations very helpful for those interested in showing and breeding Cairn Terriers. Interested that 'some latitude' be allowed for size. Why have the small size in the standard still I wonder.

Loved the pics of the teeth! One thing that is often surprising to people when they see Angus is the size of his teeth - a big dog's teeth in a small dog's body with a relatively small head.

Angus would not make the show ring standard but sure makes a great working terrier and best little pal.

Keira would not make the standard, but that said, she is a champion in my eyes! I surely can see the need for required standard for the ring. Thanks for posting

Huh. Interesting reading. I never knew cairns could have "cat paws" or that their front feet are supposed to be a little bigger than their back feet. I knew Nikki was not a show cairn when he was still a puppy. His back is too long (2 feet long!) and he has tiny hare feet that don't match his size. But he does have a beautiful cairn head and wonderful spirit. I love my big, ornery, sweetheart just the way he is. :)