CairnTalk

Dogs in India

Islander

I have been travelling around Rajasthan in India for three weeks. Amazingly colourful and historic area. As well as the cows wandering the streets, even in a city of 5 1/2 million like Jaipur, there are dogs everywhere. I tried to post a photo of some puppies but it was too big and I can't edit for size on my iPad. I only took photos of the puppies because the adults are pretty sad looking. We asked about the animals and were told that the cows and goats all belong to someone, but the dogs and pigs are on their own. I saw people putting some scraps out for puppies, also have seen dogs grabbing anything lying around. I have not seen dog on any menus!! Most of the restaurants are actually vegetarian, which suits me. I miss Gus, but my friend has been sending me reports. Apparently he has a new girlfriend named Peaches, and when they get together there is a whole lot of humping going on! Hope he wants to come home - I am flying back to Canada on Feb. 3. Thanks for listening!

• Like 2

Thanks for the interesting update. I'm a bit jealous as India is extremely interesting and important. Have a look at this world map with countries resized by population: http://i.imgur.com/NKiC8gH.png. 

:offtopic: travel tip :)

You'll be home soon and have lots of other options but here's a tip for resizing iPad images — mail them to yourself. When you 'share' them via mail, you have the option to size the images from large to small - once you receive your message, you can save the resized image back to your camera roll. Clunky but it works. I do this with my phone sometimes when I don't want to wait until I can get to my desktop. 

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

That was quite a graphic blog post, gone to the dogs, but Interesting. Your vet was in a different part of India, but the dogs all look very similar. Pointy ears, pointy nose, medium size, medium length fur. I have seen quite a few in worse shape than he describes.

Thanks for the photo tip, Brad, but I will wait til I get home. Internet is very clunky and uncertain here. I am back in Delhi now and can't get email but I can get Cairntalk! Really looking forward to my reunion with Gus on Wednesday.

• Like 1