CairnTalk

Can you imagine a pack of Cairns doing this?

hheldorfer

don't you think it is a bit creepy? the only thing i can think of that makes sense is that this could be a sort of first link in training service dogs, who have to think about only their humans and stick very close. otherwise, this is strange. first of all, what's the point --towns have leash ordinances and they probably don't care whether or not you have trained your dogs to walk in a football huddle. the dogs look worried. they keep looking at each other and at the trainer and seem to get only anxiety out of the walk (yes, i know shepherds do tend to look worried a lot). they walk with that distinctive shepherd "i think i did something wrong" look, even though they aren't apparently doing anything wrong. i love shepherds for their patience and their willingness to humor almost any human eccentricity --cairns are not overflowing with either of those. these dogs need them to go along with this. good dogs.  

I agree, PK - it is a bit creepy and they don't seem to be enjoying the walk.  I was just trying to picture Cairns doing the same thing and, for the life of me, couldn't even conjure a mental image.  The Cairns kept running in all directions, begging for belly rubs from passers-by and jostling for lead position.   :P

This kennel is located here in MA and has a lot of negativity surrounding it, sick puppies, withholding water from shepherds for training purposes, etc. The town is trying to shut him down for running an illegal breeding kennel.  

This kennel is located here in MA and has a lot of negativity surrounding it, sick puppies, withholding water from shepherds for training purposes, etc. The town is trying to shut him down for running an illegal breeding kennel.  

OMG, had I known this I would have never posted the link!  

My apologies to the forum.