CairnTalk

National Dog Day

beccadiane374

In celebration of National Dog Day, which is today, August 26!  

"My dog does this amazing thing where he just exists and makes my whole life better because of it."

“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” 

― Roger A. Caras

“No matter how close we are to another person, few human relationships are as free from strife, disagreement, and frustration as is the relationship you have with a good dog. Few human beings give of themselves to another as a dog gives of itself. I also suspect that we cherish dogs because their unblemished souls make us wish - consciously or unconsciously - that we were as innocent as they are, and make us yearn for a place where innocence is universal and where the meanness, the betrayals, and the cruelties of this world are unknown.” 
― Dean KoontzA Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog

“You can say any fool thing to a dog and the dog will just give you this look that says, 'My GOSH, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!” 
― Dave Barry

"My dog's not spoiled, I'm just well-trained."

"The day God made dogs, He just sat down and smiled."

"Today I will be thankful for all the pawprints on my floor & the slobbery kisses on my face & the hair on my clothes.  For there will come a day when there is far too much room in our bed and these days will be profoundly missed."

post-4074-0-43819500-1409074179_thumb.jp

• Like 4
Becky & Tanner

Well done...and said!  Thank you for sharing the day...I did not know there could be another reason to love, spoil, play with, watch them grow.  Thank you!!! :D

• Like 1

This is so sweet! Great quotes! I didn't know there was a National Dog Day!

The montage of photos is adorable. :)

• Like 1

Our lives would be so empty without these wonderful companions. Who greets you every day with a grin, a wagging tail and unconditional love but these amazing creatures. 

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Didn't know there was a National Dog Day. How great. Every day is special dog day when Angus's sparkly eyes greet me.

• Like 1

Yep...every day is dog day here, too...I just always love an extra special reason to celebrate my furkid!  :)

Becky & Tanner

Also did not know there was a National Dog Day. It only makes sense though, as our furry pets as loving, playful and exasperating sometimes. But they make  up for the bad times, by just being with us.

• Like 1