CairnTalk

Willie

mom42terrificgirls

Here is a photo of me meeting Willie. He's listed as a terrier/chihuahua mix. His sister's name is Wonka; she has already been adopted. I'm hoping her furever family will contact me so they can play sometime.

Willie has had distemper. He has a head bobble and lifts his front, right paw. I will get to pick him up Wednesday after work. Lots to get done before then. Trying to get the logistics done of having two dogs in the home, i.e. where to feed another dog, where he's going to sleep, be during the day, etc. I am hoping to gate him in the kitchen. Just hoping Callie doesn't stand at the gate and bark at him the whole time. lol

I am taking off a few days of work to try to get him used to the environment and especially to Callie. The rescue group is getting a signed statement from his vet today that says the distemper virus has cleared his body. The foster mom has had him since March 31st; she's pretty sure he was already over it then.

I learned this week that one round of distemper vaccine is not enough to protect an animal from the disease. It is SO IMPORTANT for them to have had the second shot before they are around other dogs at dog parks, etc. 

On a less serious note, we are looking for a boy's name other than Willie, one that doesn't end with "y" or "ie." We have two in mind: Finn and BeeJay (BJ), which stands for my initial plus my partner's initial. If you have any other thoughts of names, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for all your support and prayers you gave Angela and Rufus.

post-7048-0-04441200-1408481575_thumb.jp

• Like 1

good for you. look like a very happy couple! he is terrifically cute. the terrier-ity is very apparent. finn means blond, which he certainly is. thinking of what he's been through, i like daniel --out of the lion's den. it isn't a celtic name, but it is a name the celts like a lot. 

Very very sweet...good for you for taking in this little soul. :)

Is there a chance that the neurological signs left over from having distemper, head bobbing and paw lifting , will in time disappear.?

Edited by Terrier lover

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

HOW CUTE IS HE!?!?!?!?!

Whatever name you give him, I think he deserves a good, strong name for fighting off distemper. 

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

He is cute! He looks a bit concerned - I am happy you are able to care for him. A fitting name will come to you when he gets settled in. Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing more stories on this little guy.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Aww.

Hm. I like Finn. Or Cade. I'm not sure why Cade is sticking in my head. Maybe it's because I've been thinking about Smoky Mountains now that fall is getting close. :)

How about just "Jay"?  (See, I don't have a bias since I have no idea whose initials are whose.  :) )

That baby is so adorable.  Bless you for adopting him.  Looking forward to hearing

about his and your family's adventures.  :hug:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

He is adorable, and looks like my first dog -- a mix -- from back in my 20s.  I will try to find a photo to show you.  My dog was "James," and he was a firecracker. His terrier traits led me to choose cairns when I lost him.

Malcolm says Good Boy is a nice name. I'd go for creating a new name like Ylm. It means You little monster. Not sure how it would be pronounced.

Bless you for taking him in.