CairnTalk

Cartoon Scotty dog helps cartoon cats

Lupinegirl

I found this on a random YouTube search. There's a point where the cartoon gets so dark, it's difficult to see what's happening, but basically the goofy antics of a normal Scotty dog helped an anthropomorphic cat family get rid of an unwanted visitor (after he was treated really badly by both the grandmother cat and the tramp).i don't know if it was a student-made film or if it was actually aired on TV. I didn't see any information about it but I thought fellow terrier lovers would enjoy seeing a cartoon version of a terrier. When the Scotty walked sideways down the stairs, I had to lough out loud because my boy sometimes goes down stairs the same way! Front paws first, and then he swings his rear around to bring the back paws down.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that! Especially as I own a Scottie and she does go down the stairs the same way.:)

• Like 1

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Wow. I must have been tired. I just noticed all of the typos in my post. Whoops. :D Thank goodness the fireworks should be over now. Someone set off a bunch last night from 9 pm to 11. Eesh. I ended up staying awake until after 4 am since it took a while for me to relax after Nikki calmed down. Oh well. That's what YouTube is good for: finding entertainment to keep me company while I wait for the insomnia to pass.

It looks like an old fashioned cartoon like the first Disney cartoons. Back then they had to draw each scene, I mean actually drawing them by hand with a real brush. Now a mouse or touchpad and a big bank of computers make animations, the next version of cartoons. There is an old fashioned charm to those old cartoons. Thanks for posting it brings back childhood memories.

Talk about a blast from the past. That was awesome. I hate to admit it but I believe I have seen it before when I was young. Thanks for sharing. It brought back a lot of memories of Saturday morning cartoons, back in the days before you could watch a cartoon anytime.

Kelly goes down stairs like that too. haha

It looks like the cartoons that use to play before the movie at the theaters.

Edited by Lynn in TN

I found something about the cartoon. It was released theatrically. the release date was August 23, 1935.

• Like 1