CairnTalk

?Another stray

Dempsy's Mom

Really you guys. Why so many at one time?  I don't think I can take another animal.  We went for our walk tonight and Demps and Elsie cornered this little gal.  She is so sweet.  We have lots of stray cats, but she has been tamed.  I will try to find her a home, but I do not want a house cat.  I put her out in the cat house for tonight.  I will think more about it tomorrow.

FYI - the ducks are in the chicken coop.  Mean little shits - they bite.  Another 3 weeks and they should be able to fly.

• Like 2

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Awe...she is just a baby. So sweet. Demps is waiting for a kitty cuddle...yikes.!

I don't know Lori perhaps the powers that be know that you have a kind heart and a soft hand, and guide these little critters in your direction . Just be thankful that goats and pigs, hippos and elephants don't come trotting up your driveway. :)

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

When I was a little girl, a herd of deer passed by our house. The little fawns were too tired to keep walking, and fell asleep in our back yard. When the momma deer heard our family in the house, they jumped and were ready to flee. I - being the 10 year-old vegetarian who wanted her own Noah's ark of animals - insisted on complete silence in the entire house while the herd rested. Which they did. For hours. 

18 years later, my parent's property is regularly visited by that herd's descendants and small herds with young males. The back yard is pretty much inaccessible for anyone who's not a deer. In fact they've been caught sleeping against the back door on the back porch. Occasionally in the front yard in the grass under the oak tree. 

The lesson: animals know where to find kind hearts. And perhaps that no good deed goes unpunished. 

Bless you again for at least making sure the various strays that cross your path at least find safe passage. 

• Like 6

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

You must have a "Pet Sanctuary - all furry friends welcome" sign on your front door. :)  Cute kitty!

Today she has spent most of her day in the garage.  She really enjoyed herself - there was a lot of action.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

That is a sweet kitty. Elsie looked ok with the kitty. Then when you panned down and showed Demps he didn't look too happy. Hope you can find a home for her. You can only do so much to help out the critters. It can get overwhelming then you will be worn out.

Maybe you should drive down the road and look for a sign that reads "Go to third farm on the left. Nice Lady there that will feed you." You are so good to help out these guys.

perhaps open a animal sanctuary?  since they all seem to come to you.......

seriously, hope you find a home for that cat as you have enough to deal with!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

She is still with us.  Seems to get along quite well.  Dempsy and Elsie are not kitty friendly, but I alternate time to everyone.  Wert and Digger could care less about kitty. 

I released the ducks today.  I took them to the pond outback that is less populated than the other pond.  It was so cute.  I should of taken a video.  They loved it.  Paddled their little feet and gargled the water - stayed close to shore and paddled.  They have feathers now, just a little fuzz remained on the heads. Best of luck to them.

• Like 4

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Has kitty made friends with the other cats on the farm?

Good to know the ducks are back where they belong.  You have enough mouths to feed! 

No.  That's why kitty is in the garage and the other 2 are in the cat house.  Kitty tries to play with them, but no luck.  Is this normal for cats and kittens?

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

yes, i think it is. i have always had multiple cats, and the newcomer is always in a bad spot. worse for kittens. i had a newcomer once who was desperate to hang out with and learn from an older female, and all the kitten got was a torn ear that remained mangled (a little bit) for life. eventually they work out something --either they are inseparable buddies or they agree on a division of the territory (and they revise the arrangements from time to time). this kitten looks so sweet, one wishes for her a nice berth and good friends.